We help people be SEEN.
We publish 1,000+ videos a year, across 12 social media channels. We’re big on Snapchat, with 6M+ subscribers. But we’re everywhere!
Our camera apps guide citizens through the storytelling process, supported by our team of over 100 staff across 4 continents.
Our mission is to create a more empathetic and understanding world. We do this by helping people see the world through the perspective of others, literally! Here’s how…
You know those camera filters on Instagram and Snapchat? That’s augmented reality (AR). We use that tech to do really innovative journalism. Like bringing racist colonial statues to life through your mobile camera. Stories are overlaid onto the physical world and SEEN through your mobile devices.
Now, imagine wearing a pair of AR glasses and seeing stories right in front of you! We’re already doing it! By 2030, everyone will be wearing AR glasses. SEEN will be the world’s most immersive and inclusive international media company.
Our journalism is rigorously verified, fact-checked and legit. But we’re not afraid to take a stand. Fighting climate change, apartheid and hate. Promoting equality, love and freedom for all.
We are SEEN, are you?
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
This is a full-time position.
The writer will be developing story scripts and writing stories from interview footage.
The ideal Writer is obsessed with the internet, especially short, socially native content. They should understand the Seen brand and voice, particularly stories that resonate with Millennials/Gen Z.
The writer is tasked with delivering stories in a creative package that draws viewers in through the opening lines, headlines and relatable scripting.
Successful candidates have a proven track record of ideating and scripting compelling, human stories for young audiences in 3-5 minute segments.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, creative thinkers with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Script daily short, attention-grabbing segments featuring human stories. 3-5 minutes.
- Draft click-worthy copy for Snapchat tiles and related social media posts.
- Work with producers to create scripts that are compelling and appeal to young social media audiences.
- Providing additional creative and editorial input throughout the production process
Skills and requirements:
- 4 or more years writing and/or scriptwriting experience
- Writing experience must be for a visual medium
- Experience in television is a big plus, especially scripted reality genre
- Film and TV/media studies degree, or similar tertiary-level qualification (preferred)
- A passion for storytelling and a portfolio of work that reflects your skill as a writer
- An understanding of current political issues and global trends
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- The ability to work remotely, across a geographically-dispersed team
- Multi-lingual (preferred)
Does this sound like you? Get in touch.
SEEN is committed to providing a happy, healthy place for people to work.