We help people be SEEN.
We publish 1,000+ videos a year, across 12 social media channels. We’re big on Snapchat, with 6M+ subscribers. But we’re everywhere!
Our camera apps guide citizens through the storytelling process, supported by our team of over 100 staff across 4 continents.
Our mission is to create a more empathetic and understanding world. We do this by helping people see the world through the perspective of others, literally! Here’s how…
You know those camera filters on Instagram and Snapchat? That’s augmented reality (AR). We use that tech to do really innovative journalism. Like bringing racist colonial statues to life through your mobile camera. Stories are overlaid onto the physical world and SEEN through your mobile devices.
Now, imagine wearing a pair of AR glasses and seeing stories right in front of you! We’re already doing it! By 2030, everyone will be wearing AR glasses. SEEN will be the world’s most immersive and inclusive international media company.
Our journalism is rigorously verified, fact-checked and legit. But we’re not afraid to take a stand. Fighting climate change, apartheid and hate. Promoting equality, love and freedom for all.
We are SEEN, are you?
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A LENS CREATOR:
Fully Remote and Full Time.
SEEN is looking for a talented AR Lens Creator with a self-driven interest in all things camera tech, including AR, VR, lenses, filters, 3D modeling, rotoscoping and more. As an AR Lens Creator, you’ll conceptualize, storyboard and create AR lenses that help others tell and share their positive, real-life stories.
Working closely with an experienced team with diverse lens-creating skills, your job is to pitch and create lenses. Every job will be different but our main focus is making lenses that help people share their positive stories on predominantly Snapchat but also Instagram and Facebook.
Some lenses will be fun, some educational, some might innovate around the tech and others might help us visualize a problem. Most of the time, the lenses will work together with a story that our producer / journalism teams are telling for our 9 daily shows to make the stories more engaging. Every day you’ll be pitching, story-boarding, creating, uploading and learning about unique new lenses.
– Experience in Spark AR or Lens Studio.
– Crucially, you should be fully immersed in current tech trends and innovation and have a real passion for crafting useful lenses that will help others tell their stories.
– A person who would really excel at this job would have experience in creating multiple lenses as well as have additional skills in 3D modelling, coding, rotoscoping or illustration.
– There is no specified degree needed for this job but you should be able to show that you have the skills, experience and passion with a good portfolio of work.
– Have sufficient hardware and stable Internet connection
Does this sound like you? Get in touch.